Not only does the Internet provide us (as consumers) with a fantastic opportunity to find a wider choice of products, services and special offers from a number of suppliers. For organisations it provides the opportunity to reach more target markets, compete on equal footing with a number of larger organisations, trial and test uptake of new products and services online as well as expanding corporate propositions to new markets.
Via the web, you can spread the word about your company, your products or services as much as you like, there will be a portal out there with your target markets name on that you can advertise to at cost (of possibly for free).
Perhaps you wish to be found for every key phrase variation available for your product using a pay per click model or you wish to run umpteen podcasts to show your expertise of a particular service.
Whichever avenue you wish to market your products or services online, you must always come back to three key questions:
1. How will the Internet help me meet my corporate objectives?
2. Will the marketing avenues I have chosen provide me with enough visitors in which to meet the goals outlined in the marketing plan?
3. How effective are the marketing avenues chosen? What conversion rates have we seen in the past?
Rocktime can work with you to help answer those questions to help you reach your business goals, targets and objectives.
We have even developed a ROI Sales calculator to help you maximise on your return on insight.
Check it out here:
Rocktime Sales Funnel Calculator
A few people have told us they have used it, to help get funds realised for further marketing activity from the top table. Once you have completed the funnel, there is a button to enable you to print these results too.
The ROI Sales Funnel asks you to look at your required visitor numbers against your marketing spend and your current online conversion rates of leads/enquiries and sales to determine the effectiveness of a particular channel or channels by calculating an estimated ROI for your marketing efforts.
Feel free to talk to our sales & marketing team about how you can take the information you currently have and turn that data into internet marketing strategy.
Contact Rocktime Sales & Marketing
There are several other ways in which you can measure Internet effectiveness such as:
- Use, review, report and review again your web stats using Web Analytics (link to post coming soon)
- Monitor customer retention rates (% of people using the website each month)
- Review website engagement rate
- Take note on uptake on sale calls mentioning website
- Consider increase or decrease (cost avoidance) number of online emails
- Set up focus groups and surveys on / about your site
- Use online Mystery shoppers
Feel free to talk to us further about any of the above.
Author: Sarah Griffiths